Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Patient Transformation

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you."

- Psalm 32:8 (NIV)

 I will never fully understand the love of a God who never gives up. 

 As I grow older, I experience more and more impatience with things. Today, I was running late for a yoga class when I realized I had lost my membership card. The ladies at the front desk were so kind and helpful, and all I could think about was getting to the class on time. 

  In my walk, I've had seasons of radical reform. I've had seasons of joy in fellowship. I've had seasons of  passionate ministry. But the sad truth is that littered around these seasons of happy worship have been periods of apathy... neglect... even idol worship (it doesn't have to be made of gold to be an idol). Like a child, desperate for the approval of a parent after a misdeed, again and again I come back to the Father, knowing that my existence rests in Him. His approval is my peace.

   How does He do it? How does He take me back after my every failed attempt to control my life? How does He continue to give when all I do is take, and ask for more? How can He still care enough to instruct me?

  But this is the truth of God's nature... He will never leave you or forsake you (Deut 31:6), and He is with you always (Matt 28:20). The patience of God is inspiring. The challenge of God is to transform, and his wisdom will change you to unrecognizable. Therein is His counsel and your transformation is his praise.